Here in our own community, God has placed special passion, unique gifts, and specific callings within members of the body of Christ. Through His Spirit, we can make a difference in the lives of these ladies who have been commodified, dehumanized, and have lost all hope.
Serving opportunities are numerous:
- Leading classes in art, pottery, cooking, baking, Bible study, cleaning and organization, computer skills, crafting, gardening, GED prep, employment readiness, exercise, healthy eating, life skills, financial readiness, music, etc.
- Mentoring, driving residents to appointments, coordinating and hosting special meals and events, etc.
- Serving in specialized roles, such as intake coordinators, resident advocates, equine therapists, etc.
- Fulfilling administrative roles, such as social media management, accounting, grant writing, fundraising, etc.
- Providing personal care, such as salon services, medical or dental services, etc.
- Initiating facilities projects, such as landscaping, lawn care, construction, etc.
All volunteers will complete an application, agree to background and reference checks, and receive training appropriate to the level of resident interaction.